Although Julius Caesar said “I came. I saw. I conquered” in his ‘I went to the UK, it looked good and it’s ours now’ motto, it could as easily apply to video marketing.
In the world of marketing, and the territory that is the Internet, Video has arrived, it is liked and it wins.
So there is no doubt in my mind that video marketing is the next secret weapon for business.
If you’re not using the latest weapon but your competition is then you might lose out.
The ones that win are the ones using this new technology. Especially small and medium sized businesses, and especially using it as an introduction to the business on a Home page.
Simply put, video on your website increases traffic to the site and conversion to leads or sales. Here’s why:
Video Marketing: Facts
- 70% of marketing professionals report that video converts better than any other medium. – MarketingProfs
- The average Internet user spends 88% more time on a website with video. – Mist Media
- 64% of consumers are more likely to buy a product after watching a video about it. – comScore
- Visitors who view videos stay on web sites an average of 2 minutes longer than those who don’t view videos – comScore
- 59% of senior executives prefer to watch video instead of reading text, if both are available on the same page. – Forbes Insight
- Homepage videos are shown to increase conversion rates by 20% or more. – ReelSEO
- Using video on landing pages can increase conversion by 80% – Unbounce
- Axonn Media revealed from research that seven in 10 people view brands more positively after watching video content about them.
- You can increase Click Through Rate by 30% by embedding video on your homepage according to Hub TV.
- Visitors stay on your website – visitors will stay longer on your website according to invodo. Research shows that more than three out of five consumers will invest two minutes in a video that explains a product they are thinking of purchasing whilst 37% will watch for over three minutes.
- According to one piece of research by Forrester, for Google an indexed video may have up to 50 times more chance of ranking on the first page than a textual page in the index. Also videos can help increase the time a user spends on your website which will impact your ranking.
- Return on Investment – according to eMarketer more than 50% of marketing professionals say that video content has the best ROI.
So these are our Top 5 reasons to use video and let it conquer your competition.
1. Video Marketing: Ranking Better in Google
Google sees everything. Its algorithm for search rankings can see how long visitors stay on your website. It ‘likes’ it when viewers linger on a page.
Their theory is that if people are spending a lot of time on your web page, it must have quality content. A high quality video is a great way to hold visitors’ attention. That therefore equates to a big Google SEO tick, and a bump up the rankings.
2. Video Marketing: Show Your Brand
People spend so much time online that they almost expect a ‘real life experience’.
So imagine the power of a face–to-face experience with your brand. Visitors will feel much more likely to understand or know you.
As we buy from people we know, like and trust, so video can invoke an emotional response if embedded in your website.
Businesses that include a video introduction on their site therefore see higher engagement rates, that leads to higher click-through rates, and thus higher conversion rates.
Videos provide a 74% increase in visitors’ understanding of a product, 80% of users remember the videos they watch online and 46% of users take action after viewing a video online.
3. Video Marketing: Differentiation or barrier to entry
The early adopters of video marketing on websites in any category are going to stand out as offering a better experience of the brand.
But all is not lost if you’re behind the curve because it is inevitable that video will become the new norm, so even if you’re late to the party you must get on board otherwise your brand will look old fashioned.
4. Video Marketing: Made For Mobile Users
Viewing video on a mobile device has increased almost 1000% in the last few years, and some research suggests up to 40 percent of people prefer to get their information visually rather than plain text anyway, it makes sense to give consumers what they want.
People really do not want to read a long article on a Smartphone screen. Receiving the same information via video can make the process much easier for the average person, especially in this day and age of short attention spans.
Communicating your value proposition quickly ensures maximising the viewers attention span.
5. Video Marketing: Video Creation Cost
Once upon a time video production used to be in the too hard bracket for most businesses because it would need half a dozen people and a lot of expensive equipment. Businesses would need to budget $1000s to produce high resolution, scripted, studio shot and professionally edited video.
However, nowadays, video production is much simpler and in a lot of cases very affordable, because of the decreasing cost of equipment and efficiencies through technological advances.
It is possible to produce a video for a few $100. So what are you waiting for.
If you’re interested in discussing Video Marketing please call us.